Log in for prices and ordering
Terre de Vertus is one of three single-terroir Blanc de Blancs produced at this estate, and certainly the most famous. It is from a parcel of vines situated on the chalky mid-slope of Vertus, traversing the 1er Cru lieux dits of Les Barillers and Les Faucherets. These sites produce intensely mineral wines; wines that can recall the best of Le Mesnil (to the north) in their chalky raciness and drive.
This was fermented naturally with roughly 60% fermented and aged in neutral barrique and the other 40% in large wooden Stockinger casks. Malolactic fermentation began spontaneously (without inoculation), and the wines were left on their natural lees for nearly a year. After the second fermentation the wine aged on cork for another six years before being disgorged.
We respectfully acknowledge the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation, who are the Traditional Owners of the land on which we operate in Melbourne, and pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging. We also acknowledge and respect the Traditional Owners of lands across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage, and recognise the continuing sovereignties of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nations.
Warning: under the liquor control reform act 1998 it is an offence; to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (penalty exceeds $7000); for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (penalty exceeds $500)